Learn more about the Special Olympics sports that Special Friends participates in by visiting our Sports pages.
Bill Wallis, our friend and leader, passed away Saturday, November 5, 2016. We miss him greatly.
Special Friends Website Update – February 14, 2018
Basketball practice will start on Saturday, January 6th. Heat, Mavericks, and Spurs will practice on Saturdays from 8:45-10:15 am and Wednesdays from 6:00-7:30 pm. Fireballs and Wildcats will practice on Saturdays from 10:30am-12:00pm and Wednesdays from 7:30-9:00 pm. Times are subject to change.
Please report to the same practice as last year. If you have never participated in basketball with Special Friends, please notify Coach Gayla (text 817-975-4555 or email email@example.com) of your intent to play, and come to the early practice on Saturday, January 6th for evaluation.
- Keller Tournament (Team Competition): Changed to 2/17/18 @ Keller High School, 601 N Pate Orr Rd, Keller, TX 76248. Games are scheduled to start at 10:30. See the basketball page for game times.
- Keller Tournament (Individual Skills): 2/17/18 @ Keller-Harvel Elementary, 635 Norma Lane, Keller, TX. Skills are scheduled to start at 8:30 a.m.
- Area Classifications (Team Competition): Basketball classifications have been changed the new date is 2/24/18 @ Joe C. Bean High School, 1000 S Race St, Everman, TX 76140, from 8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Area Tournament (Individual Skills): March 1st, hosted by Arlington ISD
- Area Tournament (Team Competition): March 3rd, hosted by Northwest ISD
- See the Basketball page for more information.
The first Athletics practice will be on Saturday, February 24th, from 10:00-11:30am. Practices will be held every Saturday (10:00-11:30am) and Wednesdays (5:30-7:00pm or dark). The practice location is the Trinity High School track (500 North Industrial Boulevard, Euless, TX 76039).
The Knights of Columbus host Bingo at the Knights of Columbus Hall (1319 Brown Trail, Bedford) on the third Thursday of every month starting in September from 6:30 to 8:00.
Please check your athlete’s Application/Medical Release expiration date. Athletes with expired medicals will not be allowed to practice until we receive a completed medical.